Friday 30 August 2013

Inspired

Well, I did manage to pick up my lovely paper pack, and had a morning being inspired by Tim Holtz.

He is a really good teacher, well prepared and explained everything a step at a time.  i came away knowing how to make better use of the ranger things I already have, and with an almost completed vintage mini book about my ancestors.  I then spent the afternoon completing my book, and here it is in all its glory!

The cover has the lumpiest embellishments and a belt style fastening.

Inside I used little photos of family members, flip up pages added to embellishment spaces.

Some mini pages flipped left to richt, hinges were made with tissue tape.

Backgrounds were made using distress stain, inks and masks.

Strange to think it stared as a little bag of ribbon and embellishments and a handful of manilla tags.
I even chopped into my new papers for the final pages with a photo of me to include some science references!
I'm not one to gush, but I did come away feeling inspired, and thinking about using my stash in a new way!

2 comments:

kay said...

Loving your finished book Ann,pleased you got your papers too as they were lush. Aim to finish my book today as only got home late yesterday x

pearshapedcrafting said...

Love how your book looks! I was on the morning workshop and the time passed far too quickly! Chris