Friday 11 August 2017

The Castle Hotel

When in Aberystwyth back in May, we stayed in a hotel above a pub.  The building had been recently refurbished and we had one of the best rooms in the place,  Up on the second floor, with a little circular window, our room was far enough from the pub below to be quiet, and positioned to get a lovely view of the sea.


I took a few photos of the Victorian pub, the orange bricks went really well with these Citiscape papers designed by Kelly Purkey for for Basic Grey.


I really loved the geometric grey and orange... so much so that I didn't use all of it!


I stamped the title using an old Tim Holtz alphabet (Circus I think) in Fired Brick ink by Altenew. The vintage look seemed perfect for the theme of the page.


 The embellishments are by a bargain set picked up in Hobbycraft. A bit of washi tape finished the page off.

No comments: