Monday 13 November 2017

Stamped Christmas Cards

I have been playing with inks and stamps to make cards for Christmas this year.


The cards are from a mix of manufactures, mostly old sets from years gone by.  When I make my Christmas cards I do enjoy getting out my festive stash, not seen since last January when I completed my Christmas Journal. 


The first card is a simple layered Christmas rose by Altenew with a sentiment from the Lyrical Script set a clean and simple design.


This card has a focal stamped image by Do Crafts, I used my MISTI to stamp it in a variety of colours and add sequins and Nuvo drops to finish it.  Underneath I stamped the design using an Anna Griffin Noel stamp in slightly lighter shades.


Next, a very pale stamped card with Pink Paislee stamps, the background was repeatedly stamped to cove the card front in a pale Altenew ink in pink, The lights and sentiment are also Pink Paislee, again sequins, pink this time, finish the design.


My final cards use a stamp set I use almost every year. I can't recall the manufacturer, but they were UK based, sadly my stamps are starting to degrade a little, I'm not sure how much longer they will last. I used a background stamp heat embossed in an irridescent gold; the words are Latin "Gaudete" meaning rejoice.



More heat embossing with the same Gaudete stamp in white this time used as a resist to Spectrum Noir Sparkle pens used as a watercolour.  The pictures were coloured very simply with Muji pencils...I'm not really an alcohol pen person!
Looking at the amount of Christmas papers and dies I have, I think I need to dip into these for my next set of cards.

No comments: